Friday, January 4, 2008

Embrace

1. to take or clasp in the arms; press to the bosom; hug.
2. to take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea.
3. to avail oneself of: to embrace an opportunity.
4. to adopt (a profession, a religion, etc.).
5. to take in with the eye or the mind.
6. to encircle; surround; enclose.
7. to include or contain.
8. to join in an embrace.
9. an act or instance of embracing.

This is my word for 2008. I had a bit of a hard time coming up with one this year (last year's was JOY), but it just kind of came to me this morning. I am feeling the need to embrace life, to embrace those close to me, to embrace change, to embrace everyday moments. This word has so many meanings that resonate with me. Some synonyms include: hold, comprehend, embody, take in, accept, welcome, snuggle, involve, maintain, seize, recognize, embark upon, cherish, adore, appreciate, cultivate, sustain, and love.

Here's to a new year with all kinds of opportunities to embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment