Tuesday, March 11, 2008

trash to treasure


365/70, originally uploaded by eklektic*photos.

Well, not trash really. I found this Easter egg holder at the grocery store for $4. I've been searching for something interesting to hold my necklaces, and this worked perfect! Plus it has a little tray at the bottom that I can put rings in. :)

How's life treating you these days? I've been feeling a little out of it. Not sure if it's the time change or what! I was going through some books to bring over to the "new" house and ran across one called Zen Keys. I've had this book for at least 10 years, maybe more and I've never read it. It happens to be written by Thich Nhat Hanh (notice the quote in the upper right corner of this page), and I've been interested in learning more about him. I didn't even know I already owned one of his books. Funny how that happens. Anyway, this book is about Zen Buddhism, which talks a lot about mindfulness... being present in everything that you do. I think it found me at a good time. As I get a little further into it, I'll try to share some of what I learn.

We are kind of in a process of cleansing, purging and regaining health in mind and body. We started back to the gym, are trying to eat healthier, and get enough rest. I've been doing a lot of thinking about caffeine, coffee to be specific, and working up to reducing or possibly eliminating it all together. That will be a tough one. I so enjoy our trips to Starbucks. Well, we'll see. I might have to think about that one a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the necklace tree... must remember to ask you where you got it. NEED ONE! :)

    ReplyDelete