Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy anniversay

My sweet husband,

This past year has taught me so much about who you are, and who we are together. In many, many ways it has been the best year of my life. Of course, we have had our struggles, but I am confident that we will get through them all and we will do it together. I am comforted by your strength, your care and your enduring support.

On this day, our first anniversary, I would like to tell you just a few of the ways you make me feel special.

You value my opinions and ideas.
You share your thoughts with me.
You care what the house looks like.
You like to have a beer and a burger with me.
You are always willing to help.
You rub my shoulders when they hurt.
You take on (more than) your share of the chores.
You want what I want.
You smile when you see me.
You really, truly see me.
You like my cooking.
Even when you don’t agree with me, you try to understand what I feel.
You are willing to go through all of this crap so that we can have a family.
You are strong and calm when I am not.
You listen when I just need to get it out.
You love the dogs.
You fix things.
You support my effort to live a more creative life.
You are always there when I need you. Always.
You get mad at yourself when you leave your wedding ring at home.
You put up with my indecisiveness about where to eat.
You spend time with me.

Yeah, you are pretty much the best husband in the world. I am such a lucky girl.

I love you so, so, so much. Forever and ever.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. You're lucky to have him. And he's lucky to have you. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baby,

    You are the greatest! I am so lucky to have you in my life. I am grateful for every day that I wake up next to you.

    Words cannot express the joy that I feel when I'm with you. You are a natural part of my life, - as natural and necessary as oxygen.

    There is no doubt in my mind that the pathway of our lives were always leading to each other. We may not have known it at the time, but it seems obvious to me now. You are the Love of my Life, - my Big Love.

    I love you. A thousand, million times I love you. There is no end.

    Your David

    ReplyDelete
  3. {blush} and {sniff}
    I can't even find the words to respond to that. YOU are the greatest. And I am the luckiest girl in the world. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dare I intrude?

    Lovely post, and November rocks as anniversary month.

    ReplyDelete