Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye and Hello

I can't say that I'm sad to say goodbye to 2008. It's been a hell of a year. After many months of thinking I would end the year the same way it began - in limbo, I am so relieved to be moving forward. Many disappointments this year, mostly relating to infertility. But there have been many good things too. I am married to the most wonderful person I have ever known. In November our country made a choice to believe in hope and change and in itself. I am comforted by the many connections I've made in blogland.

I have hope. And that is the best gift I can think of. Bring it on 2009. We are so ready.

Happy New Year! Thank goodness for new days, new years, and new chances.

4 comments:

  1. Hope is truly the best gift I can think of, and I am so happy that we are both starting the new year with this gift. Wishing you all the very, very best in 2009!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay hope! It makes everything do-able. I am so glad you are feeling hopeful and ready for the new year. May 2009 bring you your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope is a wonderful thing. Wishing you lots of good things to come in 2009!

    ReplyDelete