Saturday, December 6, 2008

Recovering

Thank you so much for all the sweet comments and emails. It is so nice to have such a supportive community. You guys are the best!

I am doing really well. Surprisingly very little pain. I did start to notice the shoulder pain from the trapped gas they use in surgery, but I've been keeping my feet up since we got home last night and that seems to help a lot. I have my trusty pain killers too and that doesn't hurt! :) Also, Dave has been amazing and pretty much won't let me lift a finger. I could get used to this! ;)

The surgery went better than I had even hoped. The doctor said, "best possible outcome." As it turned out, the fibroid was a polyp. I'm not totally clear on the difference yet, but I guess that's good. I need to read up on that a bit. And he didn't have to take either of my tubes!!! What we thought was a diseased tube was actually endometriosis (I need to research this some too), and it had attached to the end of my right tube and caused a blockage. The doctor was able to remove all the adhesions and scar tissue and says that both of my tubes are open and ready for business! I was in the recovery room when he told me, so I don't remember all the details, and all I could do was smile. He was so excited to tell me, I don't think he could wait until I was more awake. It was pretty cute.

So, I go back the week after next and I think I'll get to stop the BCP then. So, our next cycle may be much closer than I thought. We'll see how that goes. For now, I'm going to bask in the joy of keeping all my body parts and being (hopefully) fully functional after my recovery.

7 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad to hear you're doing well! I was thinking about you.

    And I am beyond thrilled to hear you didnt have to have either of your tubes removed, what great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant news. I hope the recovery is swift and sorts everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I'm glad your surgery went so well, and your tubes were saved and you had a polyp instead of a fibroid. And great that you can move on sooner than expected! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous news! You have excitement coming at you from all angles...and possibility. Let me know if y'all would like supper...and I will pick up something! (This is my level of homemaking these days!)

    I am happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news! Polyps are much easier to deal with than fibroids, and they often don't grow back once removed. How cool that they could reopen your tube! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is awesome!! You must be over the moon!!! Hope your recovery is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all of your comments! I am definately excited and happy about the results.

    ReplyDelete